So you just scored yourself a free pool table, eh? You’re stoked but now you’ve come to the realization that it’s gotta get moved. This pool table is heavy. Heavier than you (and your buddies) thought. How are you going to get this beast to your house? Well, you hire us to move it, of course.
But it isn’t always that easy, you see. You may have gotten a smokin’ deal on the pool table and you’re even ready to fork over the cash to have it professionally moved. And then you hit a bump in the road to billiard land. You find out it is a one piece slate.
So now what? Ask yourself these questions:
- When is the last time this pool table has had it’s cushions replaced?
- How are the pockets? Are they a little dry or cracked? Both?
- Are there stairs involved when moving? Tight turns or difficult access?
- All of these things raise your cost. But more than one can lead to some major costs that you might not have anticipated.
- So the final question is how much you’re willing to spend on a 25 or 30 year old pool table.
- Check our service price list and stairs page to learn more about the costs involved when purchasing or inheriting a used pool table.